The DeltaTherm, by Stress Photonics, is a unique IR differential thermography system suited to Thermoelastic Stress Analysis (TSA) and Thermal Nondestructive Evaluation (TNDE). By coupling special high-speed image processing electronics with a high-performance infrared array detector, it is now possible to image stresses in just seconds!
Choose from the topics above or scroll down to read more DeltaTherm details.
Detailed analysis and high quality presentation is performed using Stress Photonics DeltaVision software. The software allows DeltaTherm users to take advantage of powerful Windows software and network resources to process and present data quickly and easily.
DeltaVision runs within Windows 95, or Windows NT operating systems. With simple cut and paste operations, DeltaVision is compatible with most word processors.
- Superior graphics performance
- A variety of graphical data presentations
- Advanced data manipulation routines
- Quick and easy pull down menus
- Easy cut and paste of TIFF, PICT, JPEG, etc.
The DeltaTherm has many features that make operation simple.
- Video camera-like aiming and focusing
- Virtual instrument panel for control and image acquisition
- Video monitor feedback for quick and easy adjustments and optimization
Back to Top
The DeltaTherm processing electronics provide a range of capabilities. Data collected from the infrared camera head is processed at hundreds of frames per second. The processed images can be sent to a computer display and/or to a video monitor for immediate display.
Computer Data Display
- Live thermal image for setup, aiming and focusing
- Current TSA image for near real time qualitative stress
- Time averaged TSA (AC) images for high quality results (user definable average)
- Time averaged thermal (DC) images for high quality temperature information
- Rapidly updated images for changing stresses
Back to Top
A rugged portable computer with integral display and keyboard is available.
DeltaTherm is remarkably fast. The detector array contains thousands of on-chip integrators which collect data simultaneously, producing a near-live full-field stress image.
The high-speed digital electronics correlate load and stress induced temperature changes for immediate video presentation of stress patterns.
When portability is required, DeltaTherm's small size and light weight make set up quick and easy.
- The camera head weighs less than 3.5kg (8lb).
Complete system fits in two hand-carried cases.
- Simple optics feature interchangeable lenses.
- Camera operates over wide temperature range.
- Constant or variable amplitude loading accepted.
- Microsoft Visual Basic control software provides user integration capability.
- Customizable software can be tailored for special applications.
The DeltaTherm system includes:
- IR camera head with optics
- High-speed image processor
- Computer with
DeltaVision Control, Acquisition and Post-processingSoftware
Network interface & video cards
- Video monitor and tripod
- Instrument shipping/storage case
- Closed cycle cooling (DeltaTherm can be operated in any position in a wide range of environments.)
- Large, rugged liquid nitrogen Dewar with 5 hour hold time
- Long camera cable for safe and convenient operation
- Microsoft Visual Basic control software provides user integration capability
- Padded shipping and storage case
- Multiple hard mounting points on camera
Back to Top
The DeltaTherm Technical Specifications vary depending on the system (IR camera head). Choose from the list below for detailed technical specifications for that particular DeltaTherm system.
Back to Top